Steps to Prepare and Winterize Your Hot TubIf you are heading South for the winter or if you want to close your tub, follow these simple steps. If you take the time now, your hot tub will be ready for the sprintime.
If you do not have time, please call us and we'll stop by and close your tub or pool for you. We service your areas. Contact us today.
Pre-Clean the Hot Tub
- Be before emptying the hot tub, add a degreaser to remove oils from skin and bath products. These can build up in the pipes and jets. Do this at least one day before you clost your hot tub.
- Insert an underwater pump into the tub to remove old spa water
Clean All the Vents and Filters
- Extract the filter cartridge from the hot tub skimmer. Be sure to clean all around the skimmer.
- Give us a call HydroCare for the best cleaner and soak the filter in water mixed with a filter cleaner to dissolve oils and built-up sediment. Rinse well and set aside.
- Remove any remaining water with a shop vac.
- Replace the cartridge filter into the skimmer.